[real-eyes] Re: April 8th Get out the VOTE!

  • From: William Stephan <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:14:58 -0600

This is actually a very fair and appropriate way to fund the bus company.
Sales taxes are regressive, meaning that they tend to have a higher impact
on people at the lower end of the income range.  This part  of the overall
population is also the most likely to use the service.  So, wealthier
residents have no excuse for not supporting this, since the tax impacts them
the least of any segment of the population.