[ratpack] Re: Am I nutz??

  • From: Michael Wells <mcwellsphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:44:14 -0600

Carl,

I'd be happy to direct you to the proper location. I actually went to two
waterfalls and they're both very easy to get to. One was off of the Nebo
Loop outside of Payson, as you head up the Nebo loop you will come to a
hairpin turn and notice a turnout and a sign for a trail head. I made the
mistake of going up the first signed trail and it got me nowhere, so look
further up the road just a piece and you'll notice a second trail head and
just a short walk up the trail, maybe a 1/3 of a mile you'll be lead to
Grotto Falls.

The other water fall is in PG and you'll go up 200 south to the end of the
road, there is a fork near the water tower, stay to the right. There you'll
find a KIWI club, just park anywhere and follow the trail up the canyon.
There is a water tank in the same location and is a good landmark to keep
you headed in the right direction. I think I took exit 275 to get into
downtown PG. The odd thing about this trail is that you'll notice there is
no creek, how can you have a water fall with no creek? Well a few hundred
yards up the trail you'll see that the creek is diverted into a culvert to
take the creek through town and to Utah lake. This trail again is not long
but it is up hill so be prepared for that. I went up here for the first time
last August and was surprised at the amount of water for that late in the
year.

Enjoy your travels but in exchange for these direction I do require that you
post the results of you travels.

Dr Z

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM, <humminboid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not one to mince words, is he, 'packers??
>

> In all of my previous ramblings, the question "? *WHY* ?" is always always
> popping up, sometimes more than once, and (naturally) often from my wife.
>
> Given the economics and storage problems, as John explained, I have not
> yet been able to find a satisfactory answer.  "It just *seems *like a good
> idea!" doesn't satisfy...especially She Who Must Be Obeyed.
>

> Time for a couple more aspirin...maybe I'll go down to the basement and
> watch something calm and soothing ...Shooting & Blasting TV, perhaps.
>

> A favor, Dr. Z; I have lost the directions how to get to the waterfall you
> posted some time ago.  Could you do it again, including which offramp I take
> from 1-15, and where from there? I'd hate to get lost in metro Pleasant
> Grove!
>
> Thanx. C.

>>> 70-210, "Iron Duke"...bought 20+  years ago for my 6006, which I dearly

--
Dr. Z
aka Michael Wells