[racktables-users] question and/or Feature Request

  • From: LC Jones <lcjones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:33:35 -0400

I'm in a datacenter hosting a large number of company and customer
supplied servers. As it stands right now, I have made a number
dictionary entries for customer contact info. However, the data must be
input individually for each server/device a customer may have in our
network.

Is there a way to make a single contact entry with typical user info,
i.e., company name, address, phone numbers, etc., and then tie it to
devices rather that make these individual entries for each machine?

In other words, can contact info be a separate entry not tied to
anything except perhaps a customer ID and then linked or unlinked to
devices as required?

--
Les
AM