[racktables-users] Re: SNMP

  • From: Rob Walker <rwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:47:20 +0000

I have been very happy with using the snmpgeneric contributed script.
The author has been open to many suggestions, even going so far as to
making it very simple to use the extension.  For example, when you click
on the tab to use the plugin, the focus is on the "show list" button, so
you only have to hit enter to run it.  And when it scans the host, it
starts off with a selection on the "create ports and IPs" button, so all
you have to do is verify the info and hit enter again.

I see that this was brought into the contribs section of the project via
bug 530 http://bugs.racktables.org/view.php?id=530 , and also via this
commit.
https://github.com/RackTables/racktables-contribs/commit/9276dc977d79544c355e80f75e920a0b36fa85a4

Thanks,