[racktables-users] Re: Reload question

  • From: Isaac W Traxler <traxler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:01:54 -0500 (CDT)

A database dump and reload would not solve the problem. The problems would continue.

Basically some of the links that need to exist are broken. While I can find some of them and make things better, I suspect it will always have issues. The best answer is to start over. I am looking for a way to start over without having to manually enter everything.

I suspect htis is not possible though. Because of the creation of local values/fields/etc... It would probably be impossible.

Any ideas?

--
Isaac Traxler                             AIX,Linux Admin
Louisiana State University, LONI          traxler@xxxxxxx

Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 07:09:39
From: Matthew Castanien <mcastanien@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [racktables-users] Re: Reload question

Are you looking for a database dump? If so use mysqldump. Example steps below.

Take backup.

mysqldump -u racktables-db-owner -p racktables-db-name >
/tmp/racktables_db_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.sql

Go to machine with fresh install and create blank DB.

mysql> create database racktables;

Import data into blank DB.

mysql -u racktables-db-owner -p racktables-db-name <
/tmp/racktables_db_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.sql

Point fresh install at this database and hit URL.

I'm curious to know if the issues you are seeing tag along.

Matthew Castanien

Sent from my phone

On Feb 28, 2014, at 4:56 PM, Isaac W Traxler <traxler@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have discovered that the data I have in racktables is not consistent. In
particular rows do not show up in the rack view that cna be found by searching
for things in that row. I believe that the problem is related to an upgrade in
the past that had issues.

Question: Is there a way to dump data out and then load into a fresh install? I
am not worried about 100% conversion, but 80% would svae an incredible amount
of time.

Suggestions?