[racktables-users] Multiple mounting same rack same object

  • From: Haider Khalil <haiderkhalil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 11:32:07 -0700

Dear Experts,
I have just started to use racktables for some testing. I have some questions
and can't see to find any answer.
I added 4 different objects.
Common nameVisible labelAsset tagRow/Rack or
ContainerNexus3000Nexus3000Support/Rack 1Nexus5000Nexus5000Support/Rack
1Nexus9000nexus5kSupport/Rack 1Terminal Server10.150.101.210Rack 5Support/Rack 1
In my case I have two (say Nexus 3000) in the same rack.
When I mount it second time in the same rack it seems to pull same information
as the first one.
Is there a way around with it. I want it mounted second time but it should not
pull information like I.P, files other info same as first one.
If I have two same type of devices, I want to use them system wide, but each
device should have his own properties(like I.P address, logs, files) , it
should not pull the properties of previous one. How do we go about it in this
scenario ?
Do I define them as
Nexus 3000-1Nexus 3000-2
under objects ? or is there a way around with it ?
Please enlighten me on this.