[racktables-users] Re: Adding VLAN to existing IPv4 Range

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 22:09:14 +0400

20.03.2014, 19:44, "Olivier Contant" <Olivier.Contant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> In 802.1Q, You can create domain and permanent vlan under a domain.
> In IPv4 Space, you can create range of IP.
>
> If you create a range of IP but didn't associate a VLAN to it on time of
> creation, you cannot just edit the range of IP to add it.  You must delete it
> and recreate it as the option for the vlan is only visible on creation time.
>
> I would like to see the option to change or edit the vlan for a IPv4 Space in
> the properties of the IP range.

There's the VLANIPV4NET_LISTSRC option (despite its name IPv6 networks also use
it) that tells networks that are intended to have relation with 802.1Q VLANs
(note the "802.1Q" tab on the IPv4/IPv6 network page). By default the option
contains empty text, which means any network is eligible. In other words, what
you describe should just work unless explicitly turned off.

--
    Denis Ovsienko