[racktables-users] Re: How to express components of objects?

  • From: Mike W <uce_mike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 10:06:17 -0600

On 3/5/2013 11:23 PM, Kaiwang Chen wrote:
2013/3/5 Aaron Dummer <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
I am evaluating racktables, it is cool! However, looks like it is not
so good at tracing servers at sub-object level? Say, I have two
servers, each has two hard disks, and I decide to upgrade server A
with new bigger disks and to add the old ones to server B. How to
express and trace such changes in racktables?

This feature has been requested but has not been implemented yet[1].

[1] http://bugs.racktables.org/view.php?id=715

Ah, this is a new feature request.  Is there any contributor who is
interested to develop this feature?

I have tinkered with creating a "cards" object type and then made them a child container within servers. Then I can at least associate the card within the server. Not as elegant as it could be but a decent stop gap for now.

--

Mike Wilson