[racktables-users] Re: Hello, praise and a question. RackTables API?

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 02:40:52 +0400

[...]

> Is thier any plans on developing and external API for outside access
> by let's say IPhone or windows mobile apps? That i think would be my
> only requested feature of this application.
>
> I have and iPhone, but do not have a mac, but I  willing to spend
> money on a mac mini to develop an iPhone app.
>
> I am also adapt with PHP and would be glad to help develop the API for
> the server side as well.

Hello, Dustin.

I am glad you like the software. Valid HTML is quite a good option for
any platform, is this really necessary to build a custom client
program?

There used to be no declared API, but since 0.17.0 there is one:
http://racktables.org/trac/wiki/RackTablesDevelGuide#API

What I can really afford timewise is adding 1 function there each
release. It's not as quick, as it could be, but when a function
finally gets there, it will not disappear later. Let me know, if the
page lacks some information.