[racattack] Re: RAC Attack in the Cloud (amazon, rackspace, etc)

  • From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 11:47:42 +0000

Hi Jeremy,

Yes I know about IP and yes we can't use public ec2 ip's but my idea was to
create a internal network in VPC with 2 NIC per server - 1 NIC for
interconnect and 1 NIC for "public". Then we need a entry instance and we
can access RAC from there.
NFS probably will be easier option than iSCSI - good point.

I was using QEMU long ago and performance was a issue - I think it could be
a potential stability problem for CRS to not evict instance but maybe it
possible now on faster machine.

regards,
Marcin