[racattack] RAC Attack in the Cloud (amazon, rackspace, etc)

  • From: Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racattack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:15:42 -0600

I've batted this idea around a few times before - trying to run RAC Attack
in the cloud. I'd looked into a bunch of approaches, currently I'm favoring
QEMU (some performance price here but it might work with a large enough EC2
instance).

Just now came across two interesting blog posts on the topic.  It's a corp
blog and they're selling their product, but still very informative and they
do have some actual numbers about QEMU.  (Not encouraging numbers but I'm
still interested in trying this sometime to see if it works!)

If anyone's interested, here are the blog posts:
http://www.ravellosystems.com/blog/nested-virtualization-with-binary-translation/
http://www.ravellosystems.com/blog/nested-virtualization-shootout-ravello-vmware-qemu/

-Jeremy

--