[pythonvis] Re: MorQuestions 2-17-15

  • From: "Jeffrey Turner" <jturner522@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:25:45 -0500

Jeff,

I will provide my answers amidst your questions below:

JDog

3) Why in Internet Explorer it is sometimes difficult to launch hyperlinks
with either a space or the "enter" key?

A: When this happens to me, it's because I haven't really maneuvered the
cursor onto the link where I think it is. I find using the tab key is the
most reliable way of actually landing on the links I want to activate.

Also, , what's the deal on link . . . on mousover?

A: Supposedly, they provide information under the link when a mouse cursor
is hovered above the link. I haven't ever found them useful though, so have
turned notification of their presence off. I believe I did this by
activating the Jaws Verbosity dialog with Jawskey+v, then typed "mouse" in
the search field, and used spacebar to deactivate it.

NHow does  one link to a new page while keeping the original page open?

A: Control+enter will open a new page in the background, and leave you on
the link you used to do it. Control+shift+enter will leave the page you are
on open, but switch to the newly opened page.