[python] px5 stability

  • From: Frank Parmir <parmir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:18:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi Jurgen, I've been reading the list for several monts. A  while back you
reported the px2 was not as stable at high speeds as the p1 and p3. Is the px5,
which has the pivot moved to the rear any more or less stable? I hope to begin
building the first python in Columbus, Ohio (USA) very soon and am anxious to
hear.  Also, I am thinking of attaching the butt bucket part of the seat to the
front half to eliminate pedaling perturbance.  I will still attach the back
support with arm rests for shifters and brakes to the back half. That means
steering by swiveling the hips, not just the legs. Do you have any predictions
about how sucessful that might be.
Also, I'm a little woried. You haven't posted since your speed record. Are you
OK?