[python] Re: New Python - 20" or 26"?

  • From: "Jaime Cristovao" <jaime.alexandre@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:31:46 +0200

Hello again

Thank you for your comments. Very helpfull.
Dirk, you are right, I was thinking on 5 mts full turn, 2,5 mts radius... my
mistake and my bad english. :). Anyway, very good news for me.
Jürgen, my inseam height is about 84 cm, wich I suppose will be enough to a 26"
front... well, at least it works for a thinner, low profile tire (1"95), bus I
want to use a "fat" one (2"0 low pressure). Why? because "Smooth road" is
almost an unknown concept in Portugal... Sometimes it would be better riding
off-road. A set of 20" wheels (as I have on my trike) can be very uncomfortable
above 30 Kmts/h, I think a set of 26" ones will be much better, as I want to
build a rigid frame.
The measures I've been taking yesterday were not conclusive; I'm afraid I will
have to raise the BB about 2"or so to use a 26" front - Is it possible without
compromising the overall performance (stability)? I suppose there must be some
kind of relationship between the horizontal distance between the pivot, contact
path and BB. I just don't want to use a 24" front because in Portugal there are
very few tire types to choose to this size.

One question: how faster a python can be? (average and top speed). And did
anyone found any relation between the total weight (bike+rider) and the maximum
speed?

Thank you very much,

Jaime Alexandre