[python] Re: New Python - 20" or 26"?

  • From: brian smith <briannsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:02:25 -0400

Is not leg length an important factor in deciding if one can use a 26" front wheel ?

Just wondering
Oupa in SC USA

On Thursday, May 22, 2008, at 04:57  AM, dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Jaime,

Yes, the turning circle tends to be smaller for smaller wheel bikes (has mainly to do with the smaller trail). But a 5 meter radius(!) will be very easily possible with 26" wheels. I think a radius of 2.5m on a 26" should be possible. However, I don't own a 26" so may be somebody else knows better.

The 26" sized will probably be faster because of the lower rolling resistance of the tires (all else same), but I do not think it is more stable or comfortable.

So if you'de prefer a 26" wheeled, make one! ;-)

greetings,
Dirk