[python] Re: New Python

  • From: "Jaime Cristovao" <jaime.alexandre@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 01:04:24 +0200

Hello all

Jürgen, fortunately it was BROL. Well, for a while I suspected of... Well,
maybe some obscure chinese company interested on the design of python to get
some profit from it ;). The last link you found is a Slovenian site.

Dirk, I know you are right (I made some practical research after reading your
post), but maybe I still didn't cross the line of beeing comfortable about the
perspective of not using (needing) handlebars at all... It seems to me it might
be like reading the newspaper while driving a car in an highway. Must find a
way to turn off my personal  "I need an handlebar" switch.

Tobias, glad to know you've been in Portugal. Your bike is really something! My
first impression is it looks very comfortable. I found myself dreaming about
building a LWB, later a chopper, but then I discovered python... So... :)
Actually there are many people riding bikes in Portugal, despite most of them
are what I call Sunday riders - yes, and still buying them on the supermarket
(and more recently, at Decathlon), at least the first one. The other six
weekdays usually "spent" driving their cars - having a car is a must here, and
using it almost everytime is a staus statement. A typical, calm, polite
middle-aged portuguese man usually turns into a sadic uncivilized
"I-am-the-king-of-the-hill" barbarian when driving HIS own car - that's why
riding a bike is so dangerous here. Well, high oil prices are forcing things to
change, and  I see more and more bikes beeing used instead of cars. Bad things
sometimes brings good solutions.
I am neither the first nor the only recumbent owner/builder in Portugal,
fortunately there are like three or four more persons doing the same - in ten
million, ok, but it's a beginning. One thing I know for sure, my python will be
the first one portuguese-made. Unless some "obscure chinese company" starts
selling them to local supermarkets...

Cheers,

Jaime