[python] Re: Evolution Bike

  • From: Uipko Berghuis <uipko.berghuis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Python <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 11:57:04 +0100

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Yoann b <yoann.b.1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Le 27/03/2013 01:24, Ken Pendergrass a écrit :
>
>  Did you see this on the Bike Design Blog,
> www.coroflot.com/roelverhagen/Evolution-bike ?  Is it a python?  Can it
> be built with an existing internal hub?  I think it might have some self
> centering ability.  Any way it's an elegant design.  I wish a bike could be
> built that simply.  Too bad the designer seems to have no interest in
> building it.  I've noticed a fad among industrial designers.  It seems one
> must do a bike.
> Ken
>
> Yes I've seen it, it's not a python if you have a look at the chase.
> However obviously ridable as FWD. The Hub doesn't exist yet, but we could
> modifie a NuVinci hub (the closer to that). Also we'll have some gear ratio
> matters until we use a 40" wheel !

Would a Nuvinci hub easier to modified compared to a normal hub gear? A
normal hub gear probably is cheaper and lighter.

Indeed the gear ratio is a problem, I've seen solutions which have two
chains go back and forward from de crank to the hub. This isn't as nice and
clean but it makes it possible to have a axle through the hub work with a
normal gear ratio.

An other more personal issue, the low BB compared to the seat would be a
show stopper for me. Maybe if you turn the frame around and use a 40" front
wheel it will become in the 15-25 cm BB above seat range.

Greets,
Uipko