[python] Re: Evolution Bike

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 19:43:13 -0800 (PST)

Wow, thanks for all the replies, particularly the calculations and concerns.

I recall that the trike could go a little faster than walking (low
expectation),
so 7km/h seems about right, but I will have my kid confirm with a GPS.  Is this
fast enough to maintain balance?  If not, then a trike it must remain.   I am
more worried about the pedal clearance (safety) while in a turn, and may just
skip pedaling.  If this hack works out, I can look into a 20in or larger
version.  Regarding traction, the frame will need to be longer, which may
defeat
the compact folding purpose.  The geared hub concept seems tough, so not sure
when I will get there...

On a different matter, if the rain eases up this weekend, I will make a second
attempt riding my python bike that I abandoned after 10min of learning, in the
rain with my welding gloves, which I should keep dry (excuse).  If all goes
well, I will set up a Wiki page with the training diary.

Cheers,

Vi