[python] Canvas Python seat

  • From: "Gideon Kahl" <gideon.kahl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:02:17 +0200

Hi Python Enthusiasts

When I built my bicycle trailer I used only what I already had.  This lead
to different approaches than what I had planned initially, but the result is
very pleasing.  I think doing things with what you have forces you to think
creatively.

So, what does this have to do with the Python?  Well, I have canvas (a very
tough material used to make safari tents) and I want to use it for the
seat.  The idea is to build a metal frame and to "stretch" the canvas over
it - almost like a rigid hammock.

Has anybody done something like this before?  I only see "solid" seats in
the Python gallery (plywood, etc).  If anybody has done it, I would like to
see some photos of how you did it.  Any other advice regarding building the
seat will be appreciated.

Regards
Gideon Kahl