[python] Re: Annealing

  • From: "Hillel Seltzer" <hseltzer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:47:01 -0500

On Tuesday, January 13, 2004 8:02 AM "Jürgen Mages" <jmages@xxxxxx> wrote:

> thank you Hillel. It´s good to have experts like you in this mailinglist.
> I will update my homepage with your method soon ...

I am by far not an expert.  My brother just says I suffer from
"DIY Syndrome" (that's Do-It-Yourself).  :-)

The method I suggested for annealing can easily be found by a
google search, and it seems to be the most popular for home tinkerers.

> BTW. I have tested the stability of a bent crank and it was as stable as
> the unbent one. Maybe I was just lucky.

Did you test it for failure due to cyclic or rythmic force?
That crank and pivoting BB have to be at the point of greatest
force on the frame.  You might not want to take chances there.
See if you can contact a local aluminum fabrication facility.
It should not be expensive to have just the crank arm treated.

---Hillel