[pythian] PROJECT - New Auto-Update Release Available

  • From: Darryl Long <pythianproject@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 19:49:48 -0400

Had to do a bunch of things to get this new Debug release thing working.

First, I had to fix a bug in the AUClient, so the first thing to do is
download the new version of the AUClient from the Downloads area of our
web site.  Install it, then do the following:

If you want to have the "old" version of the engine as well as this new
one, you'll have to copy the whole "/Program Files/Pythian Project/"
folder over to a new folder called "/Program Files/Pythian Debug/"
(NOTE: it doesn't have to be in "Program Files".  It can be anywhere)

Then, run the AUClient.  If you copied the folder over, make sure to run
the one in the "Pythian Debug" folder!!! You won't be able to run this
from your Start Menu.

Once it's running, change the "URL of Release file" from:

"http://www.pythianproject.org/release/release.prv";

to:

"http://www.pythianproject.org/reldebug/release.prv";

RESTART the AUClient.  I know, this is dumb, but I didn't have time to
fix this bug.

You should see the available updates now, so hit Update and everything
should download correctly.

The great thing about this new Editor is there is no special "Editor
only" file.  You directly edit the pcm and pdt file for the level.  This
debug release comes with Yule's "Fort" level, and you can open this in
the Editor.

IMPORTANT: This level will not work in the Engine as it is right now!  I
didn't both to fix it up for the Engine.  I'll do that someday when I
have time.

Any questions or problems, just let me know.

Thanks,

Darryl