[pythian] Re: PROJECT - Music

  • From: Mike Hearn <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:49:00 +0000

Unfortunately on Windows you need to use DirectSound to get access to
the sound hardware. The closest to OpenGL for audio is OpenAL - but that
is designed for 3D audio. Using DirectX on windows is alright, and as
long as we keep the code relatively clean the sound stuff can be
rewritten for the Linux version.