[pythian] Re: PROJECT - I'm back (Linavalunius)

  • From: "Steven Soroka" <ssoroka@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:51:34 -0500

> > Fun, no? :)
>
> yeah..
>
> salva, salvo, amisha kk
> [good, very good my friend ?]
>
> -kk

Close.

my is a pronoun, since linavalunius has no pronouns, you need to use your
name in place.
I was just discussing how to do possesive words in linavalunius, and I
haven't decided.
I think what I'll do is use 'of' instead of 's. ("of john" instead of
"john's")..
That may or may not change later.
kk would need to be a valun name, lets call it sheshe (the closest sound
'shey shey')
with the -um ending that all valun names require.  so kk is now shesheum.

salva, salvo, amisha shesheumus.
literally:
(good, very good, friend of kk)
The -us at the end of your name is the "of" suffix.

it'd be like saying, "friend kk(of)"

they attach the -us to the word that comes after the english of. it's kk's
friend, so it's of kk.
shesheum-us

just like linavalunius. linavalunius is made up of multiple words:

lina valun i us
lina = language
valun = valun
i = plural (valuni being more than one valun)
us = of

language valuns-of .. language of [the] valuns.

Hope that wasn't too complicated. :-) Valuni cannot pronounce names from
other languages and somewhat butcher them when they try. ;) shesheum would
be what they would call you. :)