[pythian] Re: CODE - TriStrips

  • From: "kk" <krauspe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pythian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:16:29 +0200

Hi Darryl,

I am now beginning to write the code which will render the lightmap data.
After completing this I will have to make code to render the lightmaps like
a part of shader in the engine and here I would need your help. I am not
sure my implementation would cover all aspects we need for future expansions
or for other parts like VGL etc. So how are we going to render multi-texture
shaders? We need to include both - multitex and also multipass techniques
and also their combination. E.g. my card does provide 2 (i think 2 or maybe
4 - I don't remember) available TMU units. Anyway, if I wanted to render 6
textures, I would render 2 using 1st pass multitex, 2 using 2nd pass
multuitex and 2 using 3rd pass multitex. That means 3 passes times 2 TMU
multitex. Is this real?

-kk