[pure-silver] Re: transmitters large and small and off topic

  • From: "Dana H. Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 09:21:15 -0700

Ryuji Suzuki wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:32:29 -0400, "Lloyd Erlick" <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> said:
>
>> Is anyone learning Morse Code these days?

I know it, even still use it once in a while, and there are still
some people learning Morse Code in the US, though few go farther than
the 5WPM necessary to get an Extra.

> I want a cell phone which rings the initials of the caller or some short
> name I enter to the phonebook. I've even bought a palm phone, hoping
> that the ringer would be dynamically programmable. It was wrong. Does
> anyone know a phone capable of doing it?

I dunno if the hooks are available to do it, but a Java-capable
or BREW-capable phone might be able to do that.  You'd need an
event-API to invoke an application on ring and an addressbook
API to get the initials.  I know that addressbook API was a sensitive
subject from a security point-of-view back when I was in mobile
bizdev.

Dana  K6JQ