[pure-silver] Re: sodium sulfite for type 55 film

  • From: Bob Randall <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 17:18:50 -0500

On 10/22/04 4:56 PM, "shannon stoney" <sstoney@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> But, part of my purpose is to give the print to the person being
> photographed.  If I do that, do I have to do the sulfite dunk?
>
> --shannon

I've always carried a container of water and paper towels with me when I'm
on location and shooting Pola 55 or 665. Process the pod, peel apart and lay
the neg on a paper towel in the container of water. Lay another towel over
the neg in the water and you're ready for the next neg. The negs hold for
more than 24 hours in this condition. Put them in sodium when you get back
to home or studio. Be careful, scratching can be a problem.

Bob Randall