[pure-silver] Re: old papers and new papers

  • From: "bobkiss @caribsurf.com" <bobkiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 08:17:26 -0400

     I think the important phrase here is, "...certain qualities of
richness in gray tonal values..."  This is not referring to Dmax.  It may
be referring to silvery, subtle, separated, midtones.  The problem is that
it may be very difficult to quantify and measure these qualities.  I feel
the same about the silver rich papers on which I printed during the 70s and
early 80s yet agree that it may not be measurable and therefore not
provable.  Is it the rose color of memory or was it true?  "Tis a
mystery!"
                 CHEERS!
                         BOB