[pure-silver] Re: old papers and new papers

  • From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 16:59:54 -0500 (EST)

I haven't tried the Arista, but from what I hear, no, at least not the 131,
which is what I use. Foma does make other papers, so maybe it's one of those?

From: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 11/30/2014 4:03 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For those of us using cold heads (and enlarging), it's a bit slow. On the other
hand, if you're contact printing or using a condenser, I think it's definitely
worth checking out.

I've found Fomatone to be the one multigrade paper left that still resembles
some of those beautiful old papers. Unfortunately, there is only 1 US
distributor of it, and they only order as much as they think they'll sell, so
having a steady supply of it can be challenging.