[pure-silver] Re: my dog ate my film.... A toxicology consult

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:20:09 +0000 (GMT)

Just like it say's on the tin, I found most of a roll of 120 BW film on the dog cage. It was partly unrolled, and both ends were chewed off. The dog looked happy. Being a photographer, or aspiring to it, I immediately retired to the darkroom and developed what was left of the roll  As the edges were gone, I just rolled and unrolled the film in a tank of developer. There was no recoverable image. However, while I was manipulating the film in the darkness, it occurred to me that the silver in the film might cause the dog problems.
Any thoughts or relevant experiences?

All the best

Laurence Cuffe