[pure-silver] Re: how long, when partially wet?

  • From: Janet Cull <jcull@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:49:24 -0400

I understand. I really was rushing it, inside my head, and decided to back off and give it a couple good days. The print was too much work to take a chance doing anything with it before I *knew* it was thoroughly dry. I dropped the rush I was in. I never do anything like a blow dryer. Not that I knew anything was wrong with it, I'm just not in that big a rush. This time I felt pushed, but decided not to be pushed into a mistake I didn't want to chance needing to fix.

Thanks for taking time to post!

Janet

On Mar 31, 2007, at 10:18 PM, EJ Neilsen wrote:

Janet, I am not trying, although some might disagree, to be a smart ass here, but after having lived on the West Coast, in New Mexico and now in Dallas, there is only the “it is dry now.” Drying prints near the coast that was cool and damp was different than drying prints in arid New Mexico and still different than hot humid Dallas. While each has it’s own micro climate, the big deal is air flow and temperature of the air flow.

Force drying a print with a heated air stream can get your print dry faster , but it can also lead to a change in gloss quality on fiber based glossy paper. Heat pressing your slightly damp print in a dry mount press, can get your print dry faster as well, but may impart something to the surface. I don’t really like to send prints out faster than over night just because a don’t like to rush. I find that is when I make more mistakes with spotting as well.

Eric

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street

Suite 9