[pure-silver] Re: cleaning soot-damaged prints

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:48:31 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Meyers" <jmeyers102@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 1:31 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: cleaning soot-damaged prints

Richard, I agree that Re-Stor does not seem to be the
product I need. The print I tried washing is serving
as a test print as there exists another undamaged copy
of it. So if I have irreparably damaged it by
imbedding dirt in the emulsion by washing it, there is
no real loss. But I will continue my test on that
print by trying the dishwashing liquid and warm water
solution on it.

The description for the product Pec-12 says it is to
be used on prints with non-water-based damage. So I
plan to get some of that, and perhaps the isopropyl
alcohol you suggest, and test them on corners of one
of the other prints that I have not touched yet. If
one of them works, I will use it on the other prints.

John Meyers
--- Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I also suggest poking around in the two web sites a posted to see if there is anything useful there. There is a tremendous amount of material but I don't know for certain that any of it applies to your problem. However, IMO its worth a few minutes of browsing around there.