[pure-silver] Re: all this talk about free equipment :)

  • From: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 20:57:00 -0500

All this talk of free equipement, reminds me that last fall, a friend mine gave me her deceased father's Durst M600 which she had been storing for 10 years in the eventuality that she would get into photography but she is too involved with etching and fabric, so I was the beneficiary. Two years ago, the local lab where I do my slides, gave me their old Elwood 5x7 enlarger with an impeccable Schneider Componon 210/5.6 lens on it. Now I'm waiting for that Minox and Focomat enlargers to fall into my lap ;) I have an APO-Nikkor 210/9.0 process lens that I use on my 5x7. Since it is a process lens, would it also be a good enlarging lens? I'm toying with the idea and wanted to see if anybody had some thoughts on the matter, question of broadning my ideas about the lens. Thanks.

Cheers,
Bogdan

Eric Maquiling wrote:

Speaking of free equipment, I put an ad out on APUG regarding a free Beseler 23C
(older one with 2" filter drawer between lensboard and light).

Its here in Socal (Orange County) if anyone wants it.  Sorry for the spam but
it seems a little slow on the mailing list.

Oh, I have 2 4x5 enlargers so I don't really have the room in garage for
another one :)

 Bogdan Karasek
 Montréal, Québec                     bogdan(at)bogdanphoto.com
 Canada                               www.bogdanphoto.com

                    "I bear witness"