[pure-silver] Re: Zip

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 14:55:18 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "john stockdale" <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 3:10 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Zip

At 06:03 AM  4/12/2006, Richard wrote:

Well, here is the latest. I just tried reconnecting my bad drive. It came up fine and opened the discs. I don't know what to make of this except I will now connect it when I need it and leave it off the rest of the time.

---
Richard Knoppow

It's time to copy what's useful from those disks, Richard, and then forget all about reconnecting the drive ever again.

That's my intention. All the discs will go onto CD's or my hard drive. I haven't tried booting the computer with the Zip connected. That's where I had problems. Just connecting and disconnecting it seems to be OK but its been a year or more since I last used it. I won't take a chance again plus its really not very useful since I have a re-writable DVD/CD drive on this machine. I thought of trying it because of this thread and just plain curiousity. I was quite astonished when it came right up.

---