[pure-silver] Re: Sodium Hydroxide = Red Devil Lye

  • From: titrisol <titrisol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 05:14:51 -0800 (PST)

jackspc website also has a good formula
http://www.jackspcs.com/toner.htm

Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Bogdan Karasek"

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:41 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Sodium Hydroxide = Red Devil Lye

> Hello Richard,
>
> The formula for the Sepia toner is from the
> "digitaltruth.com" site, under technical data section
> where they list 130 darkroom formulas; second down from
> the "massive dev chart".  They have one formula for Sepia
> toner..... that's the one I want to try.
>
> I'm trying to find a replacement for the Kodak Sepia Toner
> that was discontinued.  Kodak now only sells Sepia toner
> II which I don't like.
>
> Cheers,
> Bogdan
>
> Richard Knoppow wrote:

     I have just packed up my reference books because
painters are coming in a couple of days. I am pretty sure
the packaged Sepia toner is similar to Kodak T-1 but I have
no way to look it up right now. Dave Valvo, who subscribes
to this list was with Kodak and designed Sepia Toner II and
can probably give you more information about variations on
the formula and perhaps more info on toning generally. Note
that the paper and developer will also affect the results
(you probably know this already).

---