[pure-silver] Re: Sodium Hydroxide = Red Devil Lye

  • From: Craig Schroeder <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 07:47:10 -0600

Perhaps this was mentioned but my quick scan of responses didn't show it.... This was a component that is used in meth labs and there was potentially so much control structure of the supply chain being prepared that it was simply easier to discontinue Red Devil as a supermarket item. I can't recall the source of this info from a couple of years ago but I deal with a number of things in my work that have become tightly controlled because of applications to various parts of illicit drug refining/producing. I need to titrate nickel plating solutions and clean diamonds (abrasive use) and we now have items that need to be kept in secure storage per corporate guidelines for this reason.

Bogdan Karasek wrote:
Hi All,

This is a bit off the wall but I'm taking a chance that somebody in our august and diversified group might be of help.

The only large supplier of photograde chemicals in Canada is a 15 minute ride from my place.