[pure-silver] Red Filter

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:12:37 -0500

I am itching to try the Fotochemika paper from Freestyle.  But ...
it requires red safelighting.  I have two 10x12 safelights (the nice
Kodak ones) in my darkroom but am having trouble finding red filters
to fit them (I'd prefer the old school glass ones as opposed to the
newer acrylic) ... well, I can't seem to find them at reasonable prices.

Questions:

1) How red is "red"?  1A, 0A, Ilford 906 ...?
2) Any idea where to find decent used 10x12 glass filters for these
   safelights?
3) Can the red also be used with modern VC and graded papers so I don't
   have to keep swapping back to the OCs when I change papers?

Thanks,