[pure-silver] Re: Pyro Was: Re: AW: Re: Any advice for purchase ofdensitometer.

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 22:27:53 +0100

Peter De Smidt a écrit :
> Has anyone tried Patrick Gainer's bleach and re-develop in pyro? With
> this technique you take a negative that's been processed in your
> standard non-pyro developer. YOu then bleach it with, if I remember
> correctly, a standard sepia toner style bleach. You then develop the
> negative in PMK, although I expect that the other staining pyro
> developers would work as well. You can develop in fairly low level
> light. If you make a print from your regular negative, and then compare
> it to a print made after the Gainer process, then this would seem to be
> a good (but not perfect of course) way seeing what pyro does. I'll have
> to see if I've any PMK left. It would be 7 or 8 years old.
>
> -Peter
Hi Peter !
Following a processing mistake, I was left with a quite thin negative
roll. (to say the less...)
My only option was to go get intensifiers, or use the bleach/re devellop
technique (I figured this myself, having no access to P. Gainer article,
BTW)
So I bleached the neg roll in a Kodak sepia toner bath, and dev. it in
PMK 1+2+100 for the time it should have had if dev. normally in this. I
do not recall if I re fixed the film or not.
It worked. My un printable negative has become an awfully difficult
negative to print. But I've got an image....
Later, I was told to use the full sepia toner to add some more density
to the neg. On time, I'll try it, after all I do not risk ruining
negatives, they _are_ ruined...
Enjoy ;-)
And all my thoughts go the Asian people suffering from this earthquake.
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
Aucun électron n'a été blessé ou forcé d'aucune manière