[pure-silver] Re: Pure Silver Wiki

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 13:31:28 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Pure Silver Wiki
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 08:45:46 -0400

>     I'm willing to purchase a domain say puresilver.net or something.
> But I remember during the whole list migration flame-fest that some
> members bought domains like pure-silver.org and such.. I'll gladly pay
> for the hosting and I'd gladly purchase a domain.. But if there is an
> existing domain that is not being used, it might make more sense to use
> that. In which case, it's just a question of hosting that domain (again,
> something I am ready to pay for and administer).

>     I have no problems setting it all up and administering it. The
> question is where.

On a purely technical aspect, it's easy for me to set up another wiki
with pure-silver.org domain attached to it. Currently, this domain is
used to run another pure-silver mailing list but nothing else.

>     But I am only willing to do this if people on this list are willing
> to contribute content. Otherwise, there's little point.

This is the real question.  I used to have a community weblog where
people could post pictures and text, well before flickr became
popular, only a couple of people posted anything there. I probably got
50x more comment spam attempts than actual posts.