[pure-silver] Re: Processing Verichrome Pan

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:06:22 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin magid" <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Pure Silver" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:57 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Processing Verichrome Pan

Thanks Richard. I did not know about the destructive effects of benzotriazole. 8 minutes of see-sawing in the dark is a pain, but I did it
60 years ago, and can (I hope) do it again.

Marty

The first film I ever developed was done this way. It was the old Verichrome, an orthochromatic film. I had a Kodak "darkroom in a box" which had three little trays, a couple of film clips, a ruby lamp some other stuff and a few Kodak Tri-Chem Paks. I worked under the ruby lamp. I can still see the film coming up in my mind to this day even though this was more than sixty years ago. The thrill has never left me. The package also contained a little package of Velox and I think a small printing frame. I made prints of the negatives. I am pretty sure it was 127 film so the negatives and prints were pretty small. The curious thing is that I have no memory of the subject matter.