[pure-silver] Re: Processing Verichrome Pan

  • From: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 07:46:06 -0700

I didn't mean to offend, though re reading what I wrote I do feel I owe you an apology.  Like you when I buy an old camera it isn't to sit on a self.  I might not use them very often, but if it doesn't work I don't want it on the shelf.  I knew of a lot of people re rolling 120 on to 620 rolls.

I can see where it may be the only alternative and would work if your darkroom is extremely light tight.  Though my darkroom is as light tight as I can practically make it, it really wouldn't likely be good enough to have film out that long.

Now if there isn't a reel that can go from a width that can handle a 4x5, and that is adjustable down to any film size you want down to 35mm, there ought to be. grin  I do my 4x5 in print drums.  Wonder if there is a way to adapt something to work in one of those???  You got my tinkerer brain going, though for you the see saw would probably be just as easy.  Either way I learned something.