[pure-silver] Re: "Polish"paper was,RE: Re: DS14 paper developer and a slimy mold

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:46:35 -0400 (EDT)

From: "Breukel, C. \(HKG\)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: "Polish"paper was,RE: Re: DS14 paper developer and a
slimy mold
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:26:21 +0200

> Quite impressive so little fog for a 25 + years old paper,
> especially compaired to recently produced AGFA papers..

In my experience, only warmtone and developer incorporated papers made
by AGFA begin to fog in a few years, and their MCC and MCP keep much
better. For chlorobromide emulsions, emulsion stabilizers known to
people at AGFA Wolfen in early 1920s were pretty good. Some of them
are still used today.  For bromide emulsions, better stabilizing
agents came out in mid 1930s, also in Wolfen, but some of them are
still used today.