[pure-silver] Re: "Polish"paper was,RE: Re: DS14 paper developer and a slimy mold

  • From: "Breukel, C. \(HKG\)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 16:26:21 +0200

> Breukel, C. (HKG) wrote:
> > HI Alkos,
> >
> > I have the box with the supposingly polish paper in front of me, and
> > stand corrected, there is no clue that it's made in Poland, the
person
> > how gave it to me siad it was polish or something like that,
probably
> > because the name sounds Polish to us dutch?
>
> The name sounds russian to me, pole :)

..might be, who knows, could have been re-branded stuff. I also got a
box of dutch paper labeled DAKO, AFAIK there wasn't any B&W paper
manufacturing in Holland in recent history, so that might have been
re-labeled stuff as weel..

> > Anyway the full label reads : "Zunow HiQ Bromide BW 119 "W" White,
> > Granula, double weight, SOFT"
>
> No trace on the google. Are you really sure it exists? ;D

..so that's were the world is getting too: if cannot find it on Google,
it doesn't exist..;-)..

> (personally, if it isn't open yet, i would keep it as a collectible.
The
> Zunow-camera maker things can be quite expensive these days :)

..well it was already open, and I used it, it printed ok, with just a
little bit of creamy/yellow colour on the non-exposed borders. Quite
impressive so little fog for a 25 + years old paper, especially
compaired to recently produced AGFA papers..

Best,

Cor