[pure-silver] Re: Phenidone in propylene glycol vs glycerin

  • From: BILL WILLIAMS <krbill_10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:53:43 -0800 (PST)

Bob,
My understanding is that 'EVERCLEAR' grain alcohol is 95% ethanol.  I believe
that Patrick Gainer was my source of information for mixing the phenidone in
the 90% alcohol, and I'm quite sure that he indicated that 'EVERCLEAR' is also
fine for mixing the phenidone in.  I may even use it next time instead of the
propylene glycol.  Or maybe I'll mix half in propylene glycol and half in
Everclear.   The 90% alcohol I used was from the local CVS pharmacy and I
really don't see where I will be gaining anything over it by using propylene
glycol or Everclear though.  The 90% has done very well.  This is a link to the
Wikipedia info on Everclear:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everclear_(alcohol)