[pure-silver] Re: Paper Negatives (was Re: Single Weight Paper)

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:36:12 +0100

I have used Agfa MCP 312 RC and Ilford MG-IV RC successfully for making
paper negatives. I expose them at EI 1.6, already accounting for the yellow
filter to compensate for the paper's blue sensitivity and then develop in
Dektol 1+8 to get a smooth contrast.

The final print is contact printed, by placing the 'negative' and the paper
face-to-face under glass. The results are surprisingly good.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht