[pure-silver] Re: PYRO Processing Questions

  • From: Howard Efner <hfefner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:01:20 -0700

On Nov 21, 2008, at 8:51 AM, Speedy wrote:

I am interested in trying Pyro.

I commonly develop my negatives on a Jobo processor.

How does Pyro do with this type of agitation?
As a starting point - how would development time
need to be adjusted for rotary agitation?

THANKS!
Speedy

Rollo Pyro (from Bostick and Sullivan) was formulated for rotary processing. Is is more resistant to oxidation than PMK. You do not see the yellow aerial oxidation stain that you see with PMK. When I have run 4x5 in a Jobo tank, I have had the tank at least 50% liquid full.

Rollo pyro also works just fine in tray development. The film rebates are close to clear and the pyro stain is concentrated in the denser portions of the negatives. No post staining is needed.

Howard