[pure-silver] Re: PMK was Re: Tri X film versions and sizes

  • From: Ryuji Suzuki <rs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:09:09 -0500 (EST)

From: "Koch, Gerald" <gkoch02@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: PMK was Re: Tri X film versions and sizes
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:03:51 -0500

> AKAIK, the regular definition;  that the activity of the two agents
> combined is greater than the sum of their individual activities.

AFAIK, that's not the regular definition; the regular definition uses
the rate of development as the criteria. "Activity" is too vague.

> The optimum ratio can be determined by plotting the activity of various
> mixtures.  Data and graphs appear in Mason where he gives weight ratios
> and molar ratios for Metol/hydroquinone and Phenidone/hydroquinone
> combinations.

And what kinds of variables can influence on the location of the maxima?
Is the "optimal ratio" property of the developing agent?

> As I stated, I have not seen any data as to the superadditivity of Metol
> and pyro.

In terms of modern classification of developing agents, what are the
criteria for agents to be superadditive?

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Keep a good head and always carry a light camera."