[pure-silver] Re: OT.......Available 120 film in China????

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 23:04:20 -0700 (PDT)

I'd buy everything before you go.

Films are hard to come by over here in Thailand from what I've seen.  Camera
stores, other than some a special area in Chinatown, are all geared towards
digital.
You'd have to search for, then find the store, then check out whether it's out
of date etc during a short 12 day trip, all the while trying to get through the
language barrier unless you are fluent.  Believe me trying to talk tech in
another language is near impossible.  I've got a "decent" amount of the basics
of Thai, but that still leaves me completely unprepared to talk shop.
Completely.
You will have better things to do.

If you stumble across some odd film and it's real cheap, it might be fun stuff
to play with and experiment with.  But for the serious shooting, byo and be
fairly certain of it's quality and characteristics.  Back in early 2000's I saw
some Kodak E6 120 in Macau and it was out of date and expensive.