[pure-silver] Re: Now this realy an Off Topic question..

  • From: Elias Roustom <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:38:45 -0500

How is this not on-topic?

I'd love to see your set up.

Maybe what you need is a red LED battery powered light of some sort. AAA batteries for LEDs last a very long time. There are these wall mounting LED discs you can buy just about anywhere. Cover them with a sheet of ruby mask, and mount four or so in the space you'll be working on.

Elias

On Nov 26, 2009, at 4:11 AM, <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx> <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I have this really off topic question, there is a faint connection to
pure silver though..;-)..

Since a year or so I am quite heavy into wet plate collodion
photography, I'll spare you the details, but basically you prepare and
process a light sensitive plate with silver halides (see pure
silver..;-)..) in the field.

After exposure plates have to be developed immediately, so you need a
what is called a darkbox. Since the emulsion is only sensitive to blue
and a bit of green light you can work under red light. I am building
this box in my car.

Now my question is: how long can you run a low wattage (red) bulb from
your car battery before you drain said battery and are unable to start
the car again?

Thanks,

Best,

Cor
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ==================================================================To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.