[pure-silver] Re: Now this realy an Off Topic question..

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:51:59 +0100

I'm not an Electrical Engineer, but I thought this can be roughly calculated from the battery specification.

Watt = Volt * Amps

Consequently, if it is a 12-Volt battery and the bulb has a power of 24 Watt, it will draw 2 Amps. If the battery has a capacity of 60 Ah, the bulb will burn 30 hours under ideal conditions.

Doesn't it work this way?

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Nov 27, 2009, at 03:13, Carlileb@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/26/2009 1:11:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, C.Breukel@xxxxxxx writes:
Now my question is: how long can you run a low wattage (red) bulb from
your car battery before you drain said battery and are unable to start
the car again?

Thanks,

Best,

Cor
10-12 hours. Depends upon the time of year, too, cold weather is worse. The same with a glovebox-- you leave it open all day and night, and the car might not start in the morning.