[pure-silver] Now this realy an Off Topic question..

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:11:14 +0100

I have this really off topic question, there is a faint connection to
pure silver though..;-)..

Since a year or so I am quite heavy into wet plate collodion
photography, I'll spare you the details, but basically you prepare and
process a light sensitive plate with silver halides (see pure
silver..;-)..) in the field.

After exposure plates have to be developed immediately, so you need a
what is called a darkbox. Since the emulsion is only sensitive to blue
and a bit of green light you can work under red light. I am building
this box in my car.

Now my question is: how long can you run a low wattage (red) bulb from
your car battery before you drain said battery and are unable to start
the car again?

Thanks,

Best,

Cor